New Fashioned Banana Pudding
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Who doesn’t love great banana flavor? We think this New Fashioned Banana Pudding is so delicious, everyone will find it irresistible!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (6-serving-size) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (12-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or banana extract
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine milk and half-and-half ; add pudding mix and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, or until smooth; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange one-third of vanilla wafers in bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Slice 2 bananas; layer slices over wafers. Pour one-third of pudding mixture over bananas. Repeat layers twice, arranging wafers around edge of dish.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves, 2 to 4 minutes. Fold in vanilla. Spread meringue over pudding, sealing to edge of dish.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin’: 24 Easy Southern Favorites.