Halloween Black Cat Cookies Recipe
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch MAKES: 30 servings
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 90 M&M’s minis (about 2 tablespoons)
- 60 pieces black licorice (3/4 inch)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, eggs and water until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to form ears.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press on M&M’s for eyes and noses. Insert licorice for whiskers. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Halloween Black Cat Cookies in Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, p1-23