Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 3 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup dairy sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- couple tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small saucepan melt ¼ cup butter.
- Stir in walnuts, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and ½ teaspoon nutmeg.
- Mix well — reserve for later use. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 3 teaspoons cinnamon and ½ teaspoon nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together ¾ cup butter with sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture with sour cream and milk.
- Blend until smooth. Spoon half of batter into a greased tube pan.
- Spread half of nut mixture over batter
- Repeat once more.
- Bake until golden and a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Mix powdered sugar with water and drizzle over cake.