Christmas Cheese Tree
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 5 or 6 drops red pepper sauce
- Have ready at serving time:
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper (or yellow too)
- Assorted crackers for serving
- (optional) slice cheddar cheese or lemon peel for star
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, mustard and pepper sauce until well combined. If making two trees divide in half or if making one just leave whole. Refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- Place cheese mixtures on cookie sheet. Shape each half into cone shape to look like Christmas tree or one big tree if that’s what you choose. Roll trees in parsley, pressing parsley evenly onto trees. Press pine nuts onto trees in string form for garland. Press bell pepper pieces onto trees for ornaments. Top each tree with star shape cut from a slice of cheddar cheese or a lemon peel. Serve with crackers.
To make ahead of time shape cheese mixture into a tree shape and freeze for up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator for one day and then add parsley and other decorations.
Turn your favorite cheese ball into a Christmas Cheese Tree! Super simple yet impressive cheese ball that might be too pretty to eat. It’s four days before Christmas and I just wanted to share one more Christmas themed recipe before I take a break from the Internet to spend time with my family. It seems …