Rumour has it 150 people worldwide die each year from falling coconuts!
Yield: about 12 servings depending on the size of the thighs
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- (See Note; the soy sauce and water just needs to be a 1:1 ratio)
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (not essential but add it if you have it)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of coconut milk
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done.
- If you do not have a grill you can use a indoor grill pan.
- Serve over a platter of coconut rice and garnish with green onions and a drizzle of additional soy sauce.
- *Coconut rice can be made by just replacing half of the water in your rice recipe with coconut milk.
- A trick my SIL told me! So good with just the right amount of coconut flavor.
Thank the Lord and Bless the Cook!
Author: Marie Yates Taylor
I'm living on the Texas Gulf Coast, where weather quickly changes. I post weather, disaster-related infos I receive, and weather history. And ... much more. Add your stories, and post along with me about your area too. Surviving is all about the public and informed preparedness. View all posts by Marie Yates Taylor