Dreamy Chocolate Icebox Cake
Icebox cakes are one of the most perfect homemade desserts to enjoy during the summer, and this Dreamy Chocolate Icebox Cake is one of our all-time favorites. With pecans baked right into the crust and a combination of cream cheese, pudding and cool whip for the filling, how can you go wrong with a chocolate icebox cake recipe like this? Enjoy this scrumptious treat tonight and it will quickly become one of your favorite summertime cool whip dessert recipes!
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups Cool Whip
- 1 3-ounce package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 3-ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix margarine, pecans and graham cracker crumbs and pat into 9-inch pan.
- Bake until lightly browned (approx. 20 minutes). Cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 cup of the Cool Whip. Spoon onto the baked crust layer.
- Mix both puddings with milk and beat as per package directions. Let pudding almost thicken, and pour over second layer.
- Melt chocolate square. Put remainder of Cool Whip on top and swirl melted chocolate throughout topping.