- 1 Can Pillsbury® refrigerated country Italian bread or crusty French loaf
- 1 Egg white, beaten
- 1/4 Teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove dough from can. Cut dough crosswise into 9 slices.
- 2 Place 6 dough slices on cookie sheet. Cut remaining 3 slices into 6 pieces each. Roll 6 of the dough pieces into small balls, and place on the center of each dough round; flatten slightly to make a pig nose. Shape the remaining 12 pieces into pointed pig ears, and pinch onto the rounds to get them to stick.
- 3 Brush with egg white. With toothpick, poke two holes in dough for eyes and two holes on nose for nostrils. Carefully place poppy seed into holes.
- 4 Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Want a more substantial side? Stuff each pig with a cocktail sausage by cutting the slice in half horizontally, halfway through the round. Place cocktail sausage inside of dough round. Pinch dough to seal. Repeat with 5 more slices.
Try using pepper or an herb mix instead of the poppy seed for a flavorful twist.