1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (preferable King Arthur brand which is more finely ground)
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. ginger
1 large egg
1/3 cup oil (preferably olive and canola blend)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and finely diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup oats (original, not quick cooking)
Sift flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.In a medium bowl, beat egg, then beat in oil and vanilla. Stir in diced pear. Pour in oats and dry ingredients. Stir just until no dry patches remain.
Gently press into an 8×8-inch baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil on sides and bottom.
Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed. Cool slightly before serving. Makes 8 yummy servings.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins
Everything about this spicy guacamole brunch sandwich is good! It has a crisp toasted bun, juicy sausage covered in melty cheese, fluffy eggs and guacamole!
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost To Make: $6-$8
Serving: 2 breakfast sandwiches
Breakfast Sandwich Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches):
2 Brioche Buns
4 large eggs
4 Slices Colby Jack Cheese
Spicy Guacamole Ingredients:
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
3 Tbsp diced red onion
1 Tbsp mayo
½ tsp TABASCO® Sauce
¼ tsp salt, or to taste
Breakfast Sausage Ingredients:
½ lb ground pork
1 garlic clove, pressed
½ tsp TABASCO® Sauce
½ tsp salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
How to Make Spicy Guacamole (make first and refrigerate):
In a medium bowl, add avocado and coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in 3 Tbsp finely diced onion.
In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp mayo and ½ tsp TABASCO® Sauce and add to guacamole. Season with ¼ tsp of salt or to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
How To Make Breakfast Sausage Patties:
In a medium bowl, combine ½ lb ground pork,1 pressed garlic clove, ½ tsp TABASCO® Sauce, and ½ tsp salt. Mix with your hands just until well blended.
Divide into 2 patties, flattening them into ¼” thick patties (don’t make them any thicker since they shrink and plump up).
To Cook and Assemble Sandwiches:
Heat a non-stick surface like cast iron over medium-high heat. Lightly butter the cut-side of buns and toast buttered side only in pan until golden brown then remove to 2 serving plates.
In the same skillet add sausage patties. Cook undisturbed 2 minutes then flip, top each with 2 slices of cheese and cook additional 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cover with lid to keep patties warm and cheese melty.
While the sausages cook, place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add a dab of butter. Add 2 beaten eggs and push eggs around with your spatula at first then let cook undisturbed until nearly set. Fold the egg in half and in half again then remove from heat.
Transfer your first cheesy sausage over the bottom bun and top with your folded egg. Spread with a generous amount of guacamole and cover with top toasted bun. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining 2 scrambled eggs to finish the second sandwich. Serve warm with more TABASCO® Sauce as desired.
Copyright © 2015 Natasha’s Kitchen
Easy 2 min microwave mug omelette! Perfect for a busy day, only have to clean one dish, and it tastes great!
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives or green onion greens
- Pinch salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Special equipment needed:
1 Spray the inside of a large, microwave-safe mug lightly with cooking oil spray, or coat the inside of the mug with olive oil.
2 Crack 2 eggs into the mug, add 1 tablespoon of milk, and beat with a fork.
3 Add grated cheese and other extras such as chopped red bell pepper or chives. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
4 Microwave and stir in 20 to 30 second increments: Microwave for 30 second on high. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork.
Return to the microwave and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds. (Whether it’s 20 or 30 depends on the power of your microwave, you may need to experiment to see what times work best for your situtation.)
You’ll see patches of firm cooked egg mixture beginning to form. Remove and stir again.
Return to the microwave and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds or until the omelette has set.
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs, being careful to keep the egg yolks whole. Put the egg whites in a clean bowl and beat with a stand mixer or handheld mixer on medium-high speed until medium-stiff peaks form that hold their shape when the beater is lifted but are not at all dry. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the Parmesan and salt in a few quick strokes, taking care not to deflate the whites.
- Scoop the egg white mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in 8 mounds, using 1/2 to 3/4 cup for each mound and spacing the mounds at least 1 inch apart. Using the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each mound. Carefully place an egg yolk in each well.
- For creamy yolks, bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until the yolks have set and the whites are light golden brown. For runny yolks, remove from the oven after 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.